The Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants represents the interests of its members—whether in public practice, corporate practice, government or education—and supports members in fulfilling their responsibility to serve the public interest.
- Maintain relevance to members by anticipating and meeting constantly changing needs and expectations.
- Support members in their responsibility to serve the public interest and obligation to maintain professional competence.
- Monitor professional performance and oversee professional standards by means of effective self-regulatory processes.
- Advocate the profession’s interests and concerns before government, regulatory bodies and other organizations.
- Encourage qualified individuals to enter the profession and promote educational processes which develop these individuals.
- Promote public awareness of and confidence in the integrity, independence, objectivity and competence of Ohio Society members and the services they provide.
- Facilitate communication among members.