When considering a career, it’s important to consider your personal work values—what is most important to you in a job, and most suitable for your individual personality and interests. Take our quiz to see if the CPA profession is right for you.
Answer the following questions:
I enjoy working and meeting new people.
- I want to earn a college degree that provides the opportunity to pursue various career paths.
- I want a career that is financially rewarding and offers opportunity for advancement.
- I want to continually enhance my knowledge base and business skills, thus providing me with job security and job stability in times economic hardship.
- I want a career that is personally rewarding and allows me to see the results of my work.
- I want to work in a professional environment.
- I am comfortable working with numbers.
- I enjoy advising and assisting others in accomplishing their personal and business goals.
- I want to work with the latest technology in new and dynamic areas of business.
- I believe that understanding the “big picture” of a situation, as well as paying attention to detail, is important to the work I do.
- I enjoy using my analytical skills to solve problems and provide solutions.
- I want a career that requires excellent communication skills—written and verbal—and the opportunity to use them.
Now tally up your answers...
If you answered “yes” to seven or more of the questions:
Accounting may be a great choice for you and you should consider arranging an informational interview with a CPA in your area. Email kwest@ohio‐cpa.com if you would like The Ohio Society of CPAs to arrange for you to meet with a CPA.
If you answered “yes” to six or fewer of the questions:
Accounting may not be right for you. However, take the time to explore our website and learn more about the profession before making a final decision.